North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health & Medical Sciences, Shillong
The advancement of Telecommunication and Information Technology has led to the use of Telemedicine as a tool to reach out to the distant rural communities for their Health Care needs.
Here in NEIGRIHMS, Telemedicine has been introduced to benefit both the patients and the health care professionals.
At present Tele Medicine Center is located in the Department of Community Medicine.
- The Continuing Medical Education (CME) between RIMS, Imphal and NEIGRIHMS was held at Telemedicine Room NEIGRIHMS, on the 18th February, 2014. The topic of discussion was “Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease”. During the program there was an interaction between Doctors and the team members from RIMS, Imphal along with ISRO from Bangalore and faculty member from NEIGRIHMS.
- The First Continuing Medical Education (CME) between DECU, ISRO Ahmadabad and NEIGRIHMS was held on 14th November, 2014. The topic of discussion was “Myths & misconception about childhood malignancies and role of Pediatricians in Diagnosis and follow up of the patients”.
- North Eastern Regional Workshop for Sensitization and Awareness on National Medical College Network was held on 26th & 27th September, 2014
- The Third Continuing Medical Education (CMU) session was held on 9th January, 2015. The topic of discussion was on “Recent Approach in Management of Type2 Diabetes” delivered by Dr. Tiven Marwah [MD, DIS, DISC]. Endocrinologist, Le Bonheur Endocrine & Diabetes Clinic from Ahmebad.
- The Institute is in the process of setting up three Virtual Classrooms and also equip an office space for Video Conferencing.
- Providing E-library facilities /link to the Medical Colleges in the NE Region
- Providing E- lecture facilities to the Medical Colleges in NE facing shortage of teaching staff.
ContactDr. Prithwis Bhattacharyya
Nodal Officer, RRC NorthEast